Below we show you the benefits and the foods that are part of it.
- Contributes to reduce diabetes.
- Reduces the risk of obesity.
- In areas where it is consumed there is a lower rate of cardiovascular diseases.
- Contributes to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- Protects against mental illnesses such as Alzheimer's and contributes to good memory.
Foods that make it up:
- Fruits, vegetables: peppers, carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic, tomatoes.
- fruits: oranges, melons, figs, watermelons.
- fish: sardines, tuna, salmon.
- meats, especially poultry pasta, rice and bread nuts and legumes.
- olive oil as the main source of fat spices and honey.
But why is it so good? The simple answer is that the fats of the foods that form it are beneficial for the body, not saturated, rich in natural antioxidants, very rich in fibre and they reduce the consumption of meats and carbohydrates.